Wednesday, June 3, 2009

..to start with!!

I should have started lot earlier.Weighed by my own expectations I waited enough to gain perspective, voice, opinions, art, wit,wisdom etc, etc. Finally, I realise that 'now' was the time since long back. Anyways, it's never late to begin... :)

Here's a rhyme that is somewhat similar to my sentiments at present. Slowly, I shall unfold different dimensions of this blog. However, to start on a positive note I am sharing this simple rhyme. Here it goes...

Do it Now
-------------------------
If you have hard work to do
Do it now
Today the skies are clear and blue
To-morrow the clouds may come in view
Yesterday is not for you
Do it now

If you have a song to sing
Sing it now
Let the tones of gladness ring
Clear as song of bird in spring
Let each day some music bring
Sing it now

If you have some kind words to say
Say them now
Tomorrow may not come your way
Do a kindness while you may
Loved ones will not always stay
Say them now

If you have a smile to show
Show it now
Make hearts happy roses grow
Let the friends around you know
The love you have before they go
Show it now

Actually, I got it from my father's diary at home. He must have noted it down from somewhere. He's not into poems or writing diaries. He's very practical and quite prosaic and would never show any weakness,particularly of heart. It's only mother who lets his secrets out to us. Me and my sister. His diary had more numbers scribbled than words... phone no.s, money dealings and all. He is retired, richly experienced and well above the youthful emotional vagaries that people of my age are prone to. Still, he not only appreciated but also noted down these lines in his diary. And that's why this poem which initially I would have casually read and easily forgotten, I thought to share it here.

And the point NOW....

If you ever wanted to blog
Blog it now
Write of any princess and frog
Or crib about your boss rogue
Story,rhyme or an error log
Blog it now!!


3 comments: